Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Magma



Received notification along with a catalog, certificate, check and disc Saturday from the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies representative for the Arizona Watercolor Association via snail mail informing me that I had won the David Gale Memorial Award (2nd Place) for this painting in the WFWS 35th Annual Exhibition being held at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center, May 14th - June 26th. The juror was Carla O'Connor AWS, DF, NWS. I probably would have gone to the opening in Utah had I known what the award was.

13 comments:

  1. so beutiful !
    Congratulation , with the price !
    B. Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool, Stan! Congratulations for this well-deserved accolade...

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations .. Your watercolours are really interesting to look at.

    Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Stan! This is a very deserving work of art, and recognized by an highly accomplished judge. You must be on cloud nine. Your work is transcendent. Magma - I studied it for years as a geologist. This looks like a batholith fed by the aesthenosphere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, what Kathy said! Beautiful work. Congratulations on a wonderful honor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SPECTACULAR!!!! I'm so thrilled for you- and it is clearly deserved!! What a tremendous honor. This piece is simply gorgeous. I love it!!!
    And thanks Stan for joining my new blog- it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone, I'm honored that all of you take a look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fantastic! This is a beautiful piece, and very deserving of the award. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm behind visiting your blog as usual, but it is always a pleasure when I do. This is a wonderful piece and deserving of the award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sharmon and Eva, I very much appreciate your comments. Seems like I'm always behind on the blogging scene. There are so many nice blogs and so little time.

    ReplyDelete